- Use the GTCC library catalog to locate the book or article.
- Click on the title once you locate the item.
- Click on the Request Item under Availability/Holdings.
- Complete the requested information.
Interlibrary loan policies and procedures:
To use interlibrary loan through the GTCC libraries you must be a currently enrolled GTCC student with a current semester GTCC student picture ID or a current GTCC employee.
A maximum of 10 items may be borrowed at any one time.
- We will notify you either by email or phone when your item has arrived at the GTCC Jamestown campus library.
- Check the GTCC library catalog first.
- The GTCC libraries belong to NC-LITN, a consortium consisting of of three other community college libraries: Cape Fear Community College, Carteret Community College, and Davidson County Community College. Your GTCC library catalog will indicate if one of the NC-LITN libraries has the item you want. If so, this is the route to go. You may request the item directly from the catalog and it will be delivered by courier within the next day or so.
- Interlibrary loans from libraries not associated with GTCC can take time, so if you have a deadline, plan.
- The GTCC libraries belong to the OCLC lending group that covers libraries in the southeastern region of the country. If an item is available at any library within this region, it will take from several days to two weeks for the item to arrive at the Jamestown campus library.
- The GTCC libraries have an agreement with the North Carolina State Library wherein the State Library will act on our behalf to obtain items available anywhere, including the Library of Congress and libraries outside of the United States. Such loans can take even longer.
- Libraries rarely lend audiovisual material, reference works, or multivolume sets.
- Libraries usually charge a per-page copying or fax fee for periodical articles. They do not send intact issues of periodicals.