Library Instruction Policies
Student Learning Objectives
- Describe library resources, policies, and procedures.
- Effectively use the library website for academic research as it pertains to course assignments.
- Compare and contrast information formats.
- Develop and execute search techniques and identify search terms and comprehend search results.
- Evaluate the best resources to consult by examining the source for accuracy and credibility.
- Understand copyright basics.
- Utilize citation software and demonstrate proper citation techniques.
- Define plagiarism.
- Demonstrate computer techniques.
- Develop research skills that will give students life-long learning opportunities to access and evaluate information.
- Please give 5 days notice and complete the form: Request Library Instruction (found on the library homepage) within 5 days of scheduled instruction. Requests may be denied if less than 5 days notice given.
- Instructors must remain with the class at all times.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the librarian scheduled to teach the class. The instruction session is NOT confirmed until you receive the confirmation email from a librarian. Please provide a description or provide the assignment in order to receive a confirmation from a librarian.
- A copy of the assignment or explanation of the assignment is required to facilitate library instruction.
- Time of instruction is estimated. The length will depend on how students interact with the librarian.